Video Guide and Introduction
Have a look at the video above for an app walkthrough including how to load wallpapers into the new “lite” iPhone app – but how and where do you download them from in the first place?
In MTG4Life “Lite”, images are used for static wallpapers and videos are used for live wallpapers. These can be downloaded via your mobile browser from anywhere on the web and loaded into your app using the steps below.
No edition of MTG4Life comes with any wallpaper art or video, please respect any artist/creators/owners rights.
Step by Step Guide for Static Wallpaper Images
- Find the image you want in your browser, touch and hold the image to bring up a menu. In Safari select “Add to Photos” and in other browsers it will be “Save picture” or “Download image”. The image will then be downloaded to your phone and will be viewable in the Photos app.
- In MTG4Life “Lite” touch the central cog, touch the heart icon to get to the customisation features hub. Slide your finger left to show the Custom Wallpapers area and touch the “Load Static Wallpaper” button. You may have to give the app permission to access your photos. Then select the folder the image was downloaded from step 1. and select it to make it your wallpaper. The above video contains a walkthrough at timestamp 1 minute 31 seconds here.
Step by Step Guide for for Live Wallpaper Videos
- It appears downloading videos is best done using the built in Apple Safari browser only.
- Find the video you want in Safari. The page will usually have a separate “Download” button you will need to press to download it to your phone. It will then be downloaded to your phone usually in the “Downloads” folder viewable in the Files app. If it is a youtube video you would typically need a third party tool to download it.
- In iOS, to make it available to other apps like MTG4Life the video has to be “shared to the photos app”. To do this open the Files app and find the video in the Downloads folder. Touch and hold the video and select “Share”, then select “Save Video”. It will then appear in the Photos app in the Videos folder and can used by MTG4Life “Lite”
- In MTG4Life “Lite” touch the central cog, touch the heart icon to get to the customisation features hub. Slide your finger left to show the Custom Wallpapers area and touch the “Load Live Wallpaper” button. You may have to give the app permission to access your videos. Then select the folder the video was downloaded from step 1. and select it to make it your live wallpaper. The above video contains a walkthrough at timestamp 33 seconds here.
That covers how to download and use the wallpapers in the app but where are some good places to find them?
Where to find good Wallpapers
This is covered in this post.